TopologyRequest syntax error

Peter-Henry Mander erlang@REDACTED
Thu Sep 12 13:31:40 CEST 2002

Hi everyone,

I'm using the Megaco stack in Erlang/OTP reusing the simple MGC and
simple MG code, and I'm having a problem with the TopologyRequest issued
from the Gateway Controller. The Erlang code used to add a
TopologyRequest is included below. The Controller issues the
ActionRequest without complaining, but the Gateway at the other end
gives a syntax error, correctly I believe since the Controller issues
a TopologyRequest within a TopologyRequest, and that doesn't look right
to me!

What am I doing wrong?

Pete.

Controller code:

    #'ActionRequest'{
        contextId = ContextId,
        contextRequest = #'ContextRequest'{
            topologyReq = [
                #'TopologyRequest'{
                    terminationFrom = #megaco_term_id{
                        contains_wildcards = false,
                        id = ["from"]
                    },
                    terminationTo = #megaco_term_id{
                        contains_wildcards = false,
                        id = ["to"]
                    },
                    topologyDirection = bothway
                }
            ]
        },
        commandRequests = CommandRequestList
    }

Trace of outgoing message from the Controller:

DETAIL LEVEL: 60
LABEL:        send trans request #2
FROM:         controller
TO:           mediaproxy
EVENT_TS:     2002-9-12 11.21.11.802772
TRACE_TS:     2002-9-12 11.21.11.802273
CONTENTS:

MESSAGE:
MEGACO/1 controller
Transaction = 2 {
    Context = 4 {
        Topology {
            Topology {
                from,
                to,
                Bothway
            }
        },
        Modify = 2,
        Modify = 3
    }
}

Trace of syntax error report from the Gateway

DETAIL LEVEL: 60
LABEL:        <ERROR> <ERROR> return: syntax error
FROM:         MediaProxy@REDACTED
TO:           MediaProxy
EVENT_TS:     2002-9-12 11.21.11.803644
TRACE_TS:     2002-9-12 11.21.11.803317
CONTENTS:

CODE: 400 TEXT:
Syntax error on line 4
{return,reply}
ERROR:
[{reason,{4,megaco_text_parser,["syntax error before: ",["'LBRKT'"]]}},
 {token,[{'SafeChars',1,"megaco/1"},
         {'SEP',1},
         {'SafeChars',1,"controller"},
         {'SEP',1},