inets vs. yaws

Klacke klacke@REDACTED
Mon Sep 2 23:25:50 CEST 2002

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 03:44:34PM +0100, Sean Hinde wrote:
> inets works fine and is very stable - we use it for lots of stuff. The
> config files are well documented and Apache like.
>
> yaws is lightweight, super fast and cutting edge. APIs are not particularly
> fixed and it is quite possible there are still bugs. The Docs are falling
> behind (sorry guys!). But it is darned fast.

The major drawback of yaws (which is also its major strength) is
that it is pure erlang and that dynamic pages must be programmed in
erlang. It's no rocket science to do a regular cgi interface, but for
now all dyncontent must be written in erlang. Hey .. I like that
but I know a lot of webdesigners that will have .. ehhh well how shall
put this .. "a hard time" grasping the recursion and all the other
cool whatnots in erlang.

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
Alteon WebSystems                     -- everything is under control