Distributed Erlang

Matthias Lang <>
Fri Oct 25 15:51:53 CEST 2002

DANIESC SCHUTTE writes:
 > Hi all
 >
 > I have two nodes that need to communicate with each other.  I use the same cookie for both nodes, but I keep on getting
 >
 > ** Connection attempt form dissalowed node
 >
 > I have used the net_kernel:allow([ ... ]) command and got an ok resposne.  Where am I going wrong?
 >

 > 1 x box = Solaris 8 Sparc
 > 1 x box = Win XP

Can you get two nodes on the same machine to talk to each other?
e.g. do something like

in one xterm:
  matthias >erl -sname a
  Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.1.2 [source]
  Eshell V5.1.2  (abort with ^G)
  ()1>

in another:

  matthias >erl -sname b
  Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.1.2 [source]

  Eshell V5.1.2  (abort with ^G)
  ()1> net:ping().
  pong
  ()2> Rnet:ping().

If that works, but inter-machine distribution doesn't, make sure your
DNS is working. Especially on the Windows machine.

Matthias