accomodations for EUC

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Wed Oct 23 11:10:00 CEST 2002

Ulf Wiger writes:

 > I'd recommend Hotel Bema (Upplandsgatan 13, tfn: +46 8 232675).
 > They seem to have vacancies around 17-19 Nov. (820kr)
[...]
 > ...or cheaper still, Hotel Formule 1 in Hägersten (290 kr)

To add a bit of perspective: Upplandsgatan is in a nice part of the
city. You're within walking distance of lots of things (pubs, subway,
central station, Corelatus' office, the place they hand out Nobel
prizes).

Hägersten and Älvsjö are fairly bleak, lifeless suburbs, especially in
November. But they both have excellent public transport. Älvsjö is on
the commuter train line and there's a train every 10 or 15 minutes
during the day; it's just two stations in to town.

Hägersten is on the subway line. Probably takes about 15-20 minutes to
get in to town once you're on the train. Hägersten is actually quite
close to Älvsjö; it's about 1000m the way the crow flies, though the
bus takes a somewhat more roundabout way between the two.

Maybe nobody is interested in all this rambling about hotels in
Stockholm, so I'll just conclude by pointing out that the 500kr price
difference is about 10 beers. ;-)

Matthias