Which ports does distributed Erlang use?

Joe Armstrong joe@REDACTED
Fri Oct 25 14:11:26 CEST 2002

Outch, ooohhh nasty.

  My netgear box has a load of "filter rules" one per open port.

  Opening a  port is no  mean feat and  involves a lot  of squiggeling
around in a lot of incomprehensible menus. It also likes fixed ports.

  Has anybody hacked  the erlang distribution kernal to  use ONE fixed
port.

  I can imagine proxying  through epmd (or something) - alternatively
in the (common)  case that I only fire up  one distributed erlang then
I'd like this to be on a fixed port.

  Has  anybody got  distributed  Erlang running  behind  an RT314  and
talking to erlangs in the big wide world???

  /Joe