werl.exe (Windows) bugs

James Hague jamesh@REDACTED
Mon Oct 21 20:57:58 CEST 2002

These bugs are not new, but since they have not been fixed for several
releases now, I'm going to explicitly enumerate them.  I could easily fix
these if it were possible to compile under Windows.

1. The font is not changed to reflect the "Font" registry key.

Load up werl.exe, change the font, then exit.  Next time you run werl.exe
you'll be back to the default font.  It looks like this is because the font
has already been initialized before the "Font" key is read, so the the new
font is never enabled.  A call to ConSetFont() would fix things up.

2. Copy (Ctrl+Ins) does not work.  I haven't investigated why.

While I'm at it, there are two enhancements that would be trivial to add:

1. Save the View -> Toolbar setting in a registry key.
2. Save the current window position and size in a registry key.

Thanks for listening!  Congratulations on the R9 release!