Windows build

Bjorn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Tue Oct 15 16:30:38 CEST 2002

James Hague <jamesh@REDACTED> writes:

> On a side note, the speed of the BEAM emulator itself (unrelated to
> werl.exe) is directly dependent on gcc extensions.  There are some much
> better compilers for Windows than the gcc ports, but of course they don't
> have the needed gcc extensions.  Ah, well.

On Windows, we build the beam_emu.c file with gcc, and everything else
with Visual C++. The object formats are almost compatible. We use our
COFF patcher (included in the source tar file) to make them completly
compatible.

/Bjorn
--
Björn Gustavsson            Ericsson Utvecklings AB
bjorn@REDACTED      ÄT2/UAB/F/P