Erlang node dies silently

Helen Airiyan <>
Mon Oct 7 15:07:46 CEST 2002

Hello there,

we are running a (live!) distributed Erlang application.
We have recently run into a problem where one of the Erlang nodes
dies very silently without any indication of what the problem might be.
It is not yet clear whether its killed by something internal to this
node or
some external process - Solaris kernel ?  C process ? or something just
appart in OTP

We have tried using truss and application specific traces, but for weeks

now we are in the dark.  I was wondering if anyone might have some
ideas on tracing this kind of problems ?  Or maybe you have had a
experience and might know possible causes for such phenomenom ?

Thanks in advance.