Very strange bug

Hans Nilsson hans@REDACTED
Fri Nov 22 14:51:06 CET 2002

We are struggeling with "almost exactly" the same problem here.  We are
running erlang on a powerpc with linux and a flash file system.

Erlang and our application is started last in the linux boot sequence.

Sometimes, (5-10% of the times), erlang exits and reports {undef,[{M,F ...
although the file M.erl exists.

The problem seem to dissappear if we first put some of the files into the
file system cache.

We can't yet tell were the problem is due to some problems with strace on
this very type of PPC.

This problem is present both in latest Erlang PPC-release and earlier
betas. Linux is 2.4.20-pre11. I can't give you more details about versions
of filesystems and processor right now since the guy knowing that is not
here right now.

/Hans Nilsson