Question on SNMP agent

Daniel Chen Hongwei hongwei.chen@REDACTED
Thu May 30 08:12:44 CEST 2002

Hi,

       We're thinking about the access limitation for certain SNMP agent based on OTP. The <<SNMP User's Guide>> states that we can configure the IP address for the manager ( "IP address for the manager (only this manager will have access to the agent, traps are sent to this one) [dront.ericsson.se]"). Does that means only the configured manager have authority to GET or SET the data from this agent or just means that the agent will only send TRAP to the configured manager?

Thanks a lot!
/Daniel