Records, encapsulation and optional elements

Vladimir Sekissov svg@REDACTED
Tue May 21 17:12:14 CEST 2002

Good day,

apeake> It seems, then, that there is a trade-off between the compact,
apeake> elegant code
apeake> solutions that you suggest and my clumsy attempt:
apeake> * Your solutions involve copying the record several times
apeake> before completion
apeake> * My solution looks ugly (and creates lots of intermediate variables)

Don't bother. It is always the same record. All objects are called
by reference. Erlang emulator "knows" when it must create a copy of
your object( for example when you send it as message).

Best Regards,

Vladimir Sekissov