erl_interface

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Mon May 13 10:50:21 CEST 2002

Kent wrote:
>I daily feel that we let you, OpenSource users, down not being active
>enough on the mailing list, not updating www.erlang.org often enough,
>not thanking for the valuable patches and bug reports enough, not
>adding your sent patches fast enough and not providing new
>intermediate releases often enough. We also sit on the documentation
>system and the test server that should have been released as
>OpenSource years ago.

>We are strongly determined to support the OpenSource version of
>Erlang/OTP the best way we can. And I hope that you will continue
>to help us improve Erlang/OTP,

I for one (and I bet all other OpenSourcers do the same) understand the
situation all too well, and appreciate all the effort that the OpenSource
version requires. There is a price to pay for having the official Erlang/OTP
under Ericsson control, but I never resented that as a problem: on the
contrary, the advantage is getting commercial grade software!

Thank you and keep up the good work.

regards,
Vlad