distributed applications (PLEASE COMMENT)
Wed May 8 15:26:57 CEST 2002
After looking deeper into the terrible deadlocks in dist_ac
I decided to do something about it.
Attached is a large patch. Can you please look on the new
implementation/behaviour and comment.
The differences are:
1) Deadlocks caused by message exchange in dist_ac removed.
2) User and server code use different locks to avoid deadlocks caused
3) Protocol version stepped to 2 which is incompatible with version 1.
If a version 2 node detects a version 1 node it will commit suicide.
I.e. all nodes in a providing distributed applications must run the
same protocol version. (Version 1 is useless anyway).
4) Applications will stay on the running node until a node with higher
priority is available.
5) New API application:whereis_application(AppName) to find the
current node for an application.
Please comment on this.
Synapse Systems AB
Phone: +46 709 686 685
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 29108 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the erlang-questions