Using >megaco_simple_mg:start_tcp_txt() by ip address.

Hakan Mattsson hakan@REDACTED
Mon Mar 25 16:43:07 CET 2002

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 luis.gonzalezpascual@REDACTED wrote:

Luis> I'm very new to Erlang. I've installed win32 binary version of erlang R8B-0
Luis> on win95.
Luis> I want to run erlang media gateway over a tcp/ip lan without DNS server.
Luis>
Luis> If I execute
Luis> >megaco_simple_mgc:start().
Luis> >megaco_simple_mg:start().
Luis>
Luis> in the same machine Ok, but I need run (for example)
Luis>
Luis> >megaco_simple_mg:start_tcp_txt( "10.16.109.16",[]).

Besides the misspelled function name, this should work.
Does it work for you?

Luis> in order to connect to a MGC in other machine using its ip address.
Luis> Do I need a translation ip_address-host_name file and use >megaco_simple_mg:start_tcp_txt( "host_name",[]).?

No, the IP-address should be enough.

/Håkan

---
Håkan Mattsson