File system software???

Daniel Néri daniel.neri@REDACTED
Thu Jun 27 11:19:17 CEST 2002

Joe Armstrong <joe@REDACTED> writes:

> Does anybody know of some software I can use for the following:
>
>   - I want to create a simple file system *within* a bigger file
>   - I want this to be fast and in C

In BSD, there's "vnd":

   http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=vnd&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current&arch=i386&format=html

I'd be surprised if something similar did not exist in Linux...

> Whats the Erlang link - If I can find such a package I'll interface it
> to Erlang ... :-)

Sorry, but you won't have to write a single line of Erlang to use
it. ;-)

Regards,
   --Daniel

--
Daniel Néri                                       phone: +46 (0)8 44 99 755
Sigicom AB, Stockholm, Sweden                       fax: +46 (0)8 44 99 769