Erlang echo server with eLite?

Piotr Daruk piotr.daruk@REDACTED
Mon Jul 29 08:48:30 CEST 2002

Hello!

    Since I'm extremely stubborn, I've been trying to make my programmes
work, under the Linux shell, continuously. I have found all modules I've
needed to link. Also I've managed to start Erlang distribution using command
erl_distributin:start([echo_node,shortnames]). on my programmes. Now it
works just fine when you start Erlang run-time environment typing just "erl"
on the shell, the programmes echo and client will start erlang nodes by them
self. Would you please find the attached file and try it (Please remember to
change the hostnames on the programmes and to recompile it)?

hostName() -> 'echo_node@REDACTED'. "darukhost" must be changed to your
hostname.

On the one terminal start erl:
erl
then start echo
1>echo:start(0).

On the other terminal start erl:
erl
then run client
1>klient:main(["5","5"]).

    It should work just fine. So, I figured out that it should work on a
shell, yet it doesn't work. It is strange but when I start my program either
./echo or ./client 5 it stops on erl_distributin:start(). command.
    I've been reading and I found that I must start "epmd" daemon, which is
the Erlang port mapper. Yet, after starting it, my programmes still do not
work.

    Do you have any suggestions?

Cheers,
Piotr