Plan and preparation for R8B-2

Per Bergqvist per@REDACTED
Mon Jul 22 19:42:38 CEST 2002

Hi,

attached are three patch files.

1) a number of patches to avoid warnings.
I think I have posted most of them earlier but here they are
again.
2) kernel poll for the snap shot with --enable-kernel-poll as
requested.
3) a patch against R8B-1 to build properly under HP'sUX-11.

BR
Per

> This is a request for portability patches to be included before the
> R8B-2 release. We would like it to build on as many platforms as
> possible without the need to download any separate patches.
> There will be some other changes before R8B-2 as well.
>
> Note this is *not* R8B-2, it is a snapshot for portability
verification

>   http://www.erlang.org/otp_src_R8B_2002-07-21.tar.gz
>
> The following patches from this list are part of this snapshot
> (there may be others that was included earlier)
>
>   corrections in "inet_drv.c" from Johan Blom
>
>   fix for erl_interface sort order in erl_compare_ext and bignum
decoding
>   from Per Bergqvist
>
>   fix for problem with erl_connect from Per Bergqvist
>
>   build corrections with gcc 3.1 under RH7.2 from Per Bergqvist
>
>   emacs mode problems with emacs 21 from Gerd Flaig (and possibly
others)

>   hipe corrections from Mikael Pettersson
>
> At the moment I can't access clearcase to check but I think the
> following patches are also included
>
>   mod_auth.patch and patch-no-crypto patches from Matthias Lang
>
>   changes in mod_cgi from Guillaume Bongenaar
>
> We would like to add the kernel poll support patch from Per
Bergqvist
> as a configure option, something like "--enable-kernel-poll", but
> unfortunately the patch changes old non kernel poll code as well and
> we don't have time to verify those changes. I'm sure those changes
are
> correct but we can't risk introducing new bugs for our commercial
> customers.
>
> Thank you all for your help improving Erlang/OTP,
>
> kent

Per Bergqvist
Synapse Systems AB
Phone: +46 709 686 685