emfile

Niclas Eklund nick@REDACTED
Fri Jul 5 16:46:36 CEST 2002

Hello!

The proper way to destroy an Orber object is to use corba:dispose/1.

Sounds like that client-side ORB never terminates the connection. When
Orber acts as a client-side ORB you should set the iiop_connection_timeout
option (acts like a GC and terminates all "out-going" connections which
haven't been used for T seconds). I also recomend that you set
iiop_timeout and iiop_setup_connection_timeout (see chapter 5.2 in the
User's Guide). The number of Orber objects you've started isn't the
problem since Orber uses one proxy per client-ORB; use orb.destroy();
(Java) to stop it. Now you might wonder why 2 TCP connections are used.
Well, that's because the Client-ORB requests it, which is common.

If you're using the latest version of Orber you can easily check the
amount of "out-going" connections Orber holds (one per host/port) by
invoking:

orber:iiop_connections().

or

orber:info().

Have a nice weekend

/Nick

P.S. If you use Orber to access Mnesia, then it might be a very good idea
to use pseudo-objects. D.S.