HTTP1.1

Tanja Godau eedtag@REDACTED
Thu Jan 10 16:45:19 CET 2002

G'day,

I've been happily using the HTTP1.1 client from Johan Blom contained in the
sowap application to PUT and GET images and text, and to POST data to a form.

But have discovered that if I setup several PPP connections and attempt to PUT
or GET large numbers of files,  e.g. do a few hundred GETs or PUTs one after the
other, then I eventually get the following error:

	?error("Couldn't create TCP connection ~p",[Tag],tcp_connect),

The tcp connection is opened with:

 	gen_tcp:connect(Host,Port,TCPArgs)

After this I am unable to create any new TCP connections, i.e. I can no longer
do any http or ftp down- or uploads.

I think the problem may be that I have reached the max. number of sockets I can
open with Erlang. How many sockets can I open in Erlang?

How can I check that the socket I have just used has been closed again properly
or reset before I continue?

Is there anything else new on the HTTP1.1 front?

(I am working on a PC with RedHat Linux 7.0.)

Thankyou
Tanja Godau :-)