report browser and error_logger

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Thu Jan 10 12:01:49 CET 2002

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Ulf Wiger wrote:

> I agree with Francesco. Another thought is to use global. While it
> may not seem like an obvious choice, global does support process
> registration using any Erlang term (instead of just atoms), and the
> semantics of global:register_name() and global:send() are basically
> the same as for your preferred approach.

Just one thought: does anybody know how well the global name registry
scales? Is it feasible to register thousands or tens of thousands of
processes? How does it scale with the number of connected nodes?

	/Richard

Richard Carlsson (richardc@REDACTED)   (This space intentionally left blank.)
E-mail: Richard.Carlsson@REDACTED	WWW: http://www.csd.uu.se/~richardc/