report browser and error_logger

Francesco Cesarini francesco@REDACTED
Thu Jan 10 00:45:42 CET 2002

Atoms are not garbage collected in the system, so for every atom you
create, you will be allocating a few bytes that are never released.

To solve your problem, the first solution that comes to my mind is an
ets table where you you retrieve and store the pids of the dynamic
processes, and if the traffic is not too intensive, a name server on
every node.

The only processes you should register are unique ones which handle a
single task in the system. The rule of thumb is that if several
processes run the same code, then they should not be registered.

Regards,
Francesco
--
http://www.erlang-consulting.com