Erlang for Mac OS X

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Tue Feb 12 17:30:48 CET 2002

> What's the state of Erlang for Mac OS X?
> Is it buildable with the current distribution?

It's mostly buildable with a bit of tweaking. I sent out a patch which made
some more of it buildable some time ago, which I also attach here.

Some of the libraries still don't build - you just need to touch
lib/mnesia_session-.../SKIP or whatever when one breaks and start again.

> Do dynamically loaded drivers work okay?
Yes, very well. They need to be named x_drv.so not x_drv.dyld but apart from
that they work fine.

> Any performance numbers, as compared to other systems?

Well, it seems pretty snappy running wings3d. I've never run any benchmarks.

Good luck
Sean

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: