layered networking

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Mon Feb 11 14:02:42 CET 2002

Hello,

I am looking at an application where we want to implement a networked
platform at various levels (core, services, applications). My first idea was
to let those layers be implemented by it's own Erlang process, and the
communication be message based. This will provide a clean separation and it
should be easy to understand. The alternative would be using
behaviour-likes, funs and applys - which might get messy, I think.

I wonder if there might be something talking against my solution (like for
example the performance penalty). Any ideas, suggestions, pointers?

thanks. best regards,
Vlad