how to retrive registered processes of user application running on a node

martin j logan martin@REDACTED
Tue Dec 24 15:58:30 CET 2002

Suresh,
There is the function regs() that can be run on the shell that will give
you the info that you need. The actual function that regs() is calling
can be traced through the stdlib module shell_default.
There is the function erlang:registered() which will return a list of
all registered names on a node. Typically basic utility functions of
this nature can be found in the kernel module erlang.

As an aside, you may want to look at the postings this past week on
registering many processes. Make sure that it is the right fit for you.
In my experience there is usually little need to do so.

Cheers,
Martin