Message Routing Paradigms

Jani Launonen jabba@REDACTED
Fri Dec 13 15:39:13 CET 2002

>I am aware of Erlang's messaging capabilities and yet there is still a
>general need for higher level protocols like the one's I mentioned.
>
>Even the CosEvent module demonstrates acceptance of the decoupled
>publish/subscribe paradigm.

You might want to check out CosNotification instead of CosEvent. It gives
the same functionality plus a whole lot more.

>Do you or anyone else have any idea of messaging "middleware" developed
>with Erlang for Erlang that addresses message routing like the CosEvent
>module, but without the overhead of CORBA?

If your Orbers are configured to be on the same Orber domain
(http://erlang.stacken.kth.se/doc/r9b/lib/orber-3.3/doc/html/ch_install.html)
they use the Erlang's distribution protocol to communicate with each other
bypassing IIOP's overhead. They (in side one Orber domain) can communicate
with other ORB's and other Orber domains with IIOP, of course.

Cheers,

Jani

>Sincerely,
>Eric

-+-+-+-
Jani Launonen
Student. . . . . . . . . .University of Oulu, Dept. of EE
Assistant Researcher . . .Apricot Project

"Computing is a field which has one of the shortest collective memories
of any engineering or scientific discipline." - Marty Fouts, comp.distributed