Beam file format questions.

Happi happi@REDACTED
Mon Aug 26 18:04:33 CEST 2002

The exported functions you can get by:
> test:module_info(exports).
[{test,0},{this_is_a_test,1},{module_info,0},{module_info,1}]

If you want more info from the beam file you might want to look into
beam_disasm:

> beam_disasm:file(test).
{beam_file,[{exports,[{module_info,1,8},
                      {module_info,0,6},
                      {this_is_a_test,1,4},
                      {test,0,2}]},
            {imports,[]},
            {code,[[{label,1},
                    {func_info,[{atom,test},{atom,test},0]},
                    {label,2},
                    {test_heap,4,0},
                    {put_tuple,3,{x,0}},
                    {put,{atom,ok}},
                    {put,{atom,this_is_a_test}},
                    {put,{atom,google}},
                    return],
                   [{label,3},
                    {func_info,[{atom,test},{atom,this_is_a_test},1]},
                    {label,4},
                    {move,{atom,ok},{x,0}},
                    return],
                   [{label,5},
                    {func_info,[{atom,test},{atom,module_info},0]},
                    {label,6},
                    {move,nil,{x,0}},
                    return],
                   [{label,7},
                    {func_info,[{atom,test},{atom,module_info},1]},
                    {label,8},
                    {move,nil,{x,0}},
                    return]]},
            {atoms,[{1,test},
                    {2,ok},
                    {3,this_is_a_test},
                    {4,google},
                    {5,module_info}]},
            {local_funs,[]},
            {strings,[]},
            {attributes,[{vsn,[27859361916344551882987425212895222028]}]},
            {comp_info,[{options,[v3,nowarn_shadow_vars,warn_unused_vars]},
                        {version,"2002.08.14"},
                        {time,{2002,8,26,15,54,54}}]}]}

or if you have a hipe system and whant to see the beam code prettyprinted:

> hipe:c(test,[pp_beam,no_load]).
  label 1:
    {func_info,[{atom,test},{atom,test},0]}
  label 2:
    {test_heap,4,0}
    {put_tuple,3,{x,0}}
    {put,{atom,ok}}
    {put,{atom,this_is_a_test}}
    {put,{atom,google}}
    return

  label 3:
    {func_info,[{atom,test},{atom,this_is_a_test},1]}
  label 4:
    {move,{atom,ok},{x,0}}
    return

  label 5:
    {func_info,[{atom,test},{atom,module_info},0]}
  label 6:
    {move,nil,{x,0}}
    return

  label 7:
    {func_info,[{atom,test},{atom,module_info},1]}
  label 8:
    {move,nil,{x,0}}
    return

Good luck,
Erik Stenman

I'm Happi, you should be happy.
Praeterea censeo "0xCA" scribere Erlang posse.