Newbie questions, information required

Peter Andersson peppe@REDACTED
Thu Aug 15 09:41:58 CEST 2002

Hi Antonio,

I'd say reading the old Erlang book is still a great way to get introduced to the language and
learn the basics. To learn about OTP, the applications and to get up to date with the latest
features, changes and additions to Erlang, I recommend you read the "general" parts of the
online documentation:

http://www.erlang.se/doc/index.shtml

Follow the R8B link and go through the "Some hints that may get you started faster" items (pay
extra attention to the extensions since 4.4). Also make sure you have a look at "System
documentation" and "Applications overview" (without necessarily going into the detailed
manuals).

At the Open Source site (http://www.erlang.org/) you'll find plenty of stuff to read to learn
more. Documents, examples, code contributions, etc. Browse through the various items. I'm sure
you'll find what you're looking for... and more!

Good luck and have fun!

   Peter