undocumented modules in OTP

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Wed Aug 14 10:56:27 CEST 2002

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:

> I just noticed (better late than never!) that there are modules in
> the standard release (in stdlib!) that aren't documented. The
> example I have is the very useful property_lists.erl, but there
> might be others.

It was highly unofficial in R8. For R9, we have renamed it to the
shorter "proplists", and done some small changes.

> Will they be documented? At the very least, I think their existence
> should be advertised...

The idea was that for R9 it would at least be stable as far as
naming and API is concerned. Documentation and so forth is up to
the OTP people.

	/Richard

Richard Carlsson (richardc@REDACTED)   (This space intentionally left blank.)
E-mail: Richard.Carlsson@REDACTED	WWW: http://www.csd.uu.se/~richardc/
 "Having users is like optimization: the wise course is to delay it."
   -- Paul Graham