gen_server

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Fri Aug 2 15:29:56 CEST 2002

> > Is there any way to design a process using passive sockets
> so that it
> > supports code replacement without using shortish timeouts to recv?
> > The process would mostly spend time in a passive recv, much
> like you
> > describe in the last paragraph.
> >
> Never mind, I found the thread "gen_server, gen_tcp question".

Without re-reading that thread, there is a very neat mechanism for this
where a socket can be set to mode {active, once}. The next packet will be
sent to the process sitting in it's normal receive loop but no more will be
sent until inet:setops(S, [{active, once}]) is set again. This provides the
control aspect of gen_tcp:recv without the need to block.

Sean

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: