"Registering" an application

Lennart Öhman lennart.ohman@REDACTED
Thu Aug 1 22:56:22 CEST 2002

Hi Björn,

first, the general idea is that the application directory shall be name-version.
E.g foo-1.0. The version may actually be any string acceptable to the file
system.

As you correctly found out, a correct .app file must exist for the application
controller to understand what to do when you try application:start/1.
But the application controller uses the code-path, kept by the code-server to
locate .app files (and the code-server will then also use the code-path to load
the modules).

See the man-page for the code module, especially code:patha.

You do not have to register the application in any specific way, other than that
you can build releases pointing out certain versions of certain applications.
You can then build boot-scripts starting that particular release.

/Lennart