compiler options

Vlad Dumitrescu <>
Tue Apr 30 06:37:17 CEST 2002

Hi, good people!

The recent discussions about compiler warnings and such, revived a question
that I think might be interesting for others too.

I find the trace mechanism very useful, but am frustrated that it only works
for tracing external calls... Wouldn't it be a nice feature (or maybe it is
just undocumented?) to have a compiler directive "-compile(remote_calls)."
or something that will make all local function calls to get compiled as if
they were remote? This way one could trace local calls without having to
change the code.

best regards,

MSN Foto är det enklaste sättet att dela eller skaffa papperskopior av dina