Berkeley DB, was Telecom & Mnesia - Call Detail Record Collection

Klacke klacke@REDACTED
Wed Apr 17 13:28:00 CEST 2002

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 11:54:38AM -0500, Scott Lystig Fritchie wrote:

> dp> It would seem to me that segmenting transactions to Berkeley DB
> dp> that has several "instances" running on the various nodes would
> dp> work. [...]
>
> Speaking of Berkeley DB...

I looked a lot at the berkeley db a couple of years ago, the one
thing that made me stop workin on it was that I was never able to
figure out how to repair a broken berkely db file. Writing into the
berkely db updates the metadata for the file in way where there are
certain points in time where the file is broken.... That's at least
how I recall it.
Great db package though ....... and fast

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
Alteon WebSystems                     -- everything is under control