Chris Pressey <>
Thu Sep 27 23:26:34 CEST 2001

On 25 Sep 2001 15:31:58 +0200
Kent Boortz <> wrote:

> ************************ R8B PRE-RELEASES ************************
> There are new prereleases. You find the OpenSource version at
>   http://www.erlang.org/download/prereleases/

I tried compiling the latest snapshot for FreeBSD 4.4, without much luck.

I have guavac for my Java compiler.  ./configure seems to detect that.
But the makefile does not honour it, it fails because 'javac' is not
found.  I tried making 'javac' a symlink to 'guavac' but then it complains
that 'lang/Object' is not found in the classpath.  Can guavac be used?

I'd disable the JInterface part of the build but neither the README file
nor ./configure --help explains how to do that.