EUC2001: Usage of OTP's design principles in instant messaging services

Hal Snyder hal@REDACTED
Tue Sep 25 02:34:03 CEST 2001

Francesco Cesarini <francesco@REDACTED> writes:

> ... We wrote this paper so as to point out the need and advantages
> of OTP in Erlang product development to companies / individuals
> without in-house Erlang/OTP expertise, hoping they will not make the
> same mistakes, and instead take full advantage of OTP from the
> start...
>
> The URL is http://www.erlang-consulting.com/euc2001/index.htm

Couldn't agree more.

Our experience parallels that in the report. We started out with
Erlang and later, after digging in docs and looking at Eddie and other
source from those in the know, found out how much more effective one
can be starting with OTP.

Probably the best reason yet to upgrade the Red Book. :-)

P.S.: I suspect at my site we are in the same condition re mnesia that
we were with OTP a year ago - woefully underutilized.