R8B PRE-RELEASES

James Hague jamesh@REDACTED
Tue Sep 25 00:19:26 CEST 2001

I have not downloaded R8 yet--I have a 56K connection at home so it takes a
good chunk of time--but I'd like to prod the Erlang team toward making sure
that the Windows R8 release doesn't contain as many duplicate files as R7.
Looking through the install.log file for R7, three copies of beam.dll were
installed (one of which overwrote another copy).  There are also duplicates
of smaller files, like werl.exe, but those are not as significant.  I
already see that R8 is a larger release than R7, which is why I decided to
write this note.

Just a note from a lonely Windows user in the Erlang world :)

James