Using UNIX sockets with Erlang (OT)

Rikard Elofsson rikard.elofsson@REDACTED
Wed Sep 19 12:12:41 CEST 2001

Scott Lystig Fritchie wrote:

> jm> I'd like to use UNIX socket with Erlang but I did not find any
> jm> module (both within the release and in contribs) supporting this.

Hi all, I don't know much about Erlang and i work with Java, but i hope
its ok if i ask a question anyway. Is there some kind of possibility
to get to the packet level in Erlang, that is, not use sockets? I would
like to implement firewall-like behaviour via ipfilter, BPF or something
like that. Is there any possibility of getting that close to the machine
in Erlang or is one bound to use TCP sockets? And yes i havent been monitoring
this thread so if its been duscussed plz let me know.

One more:
I tried to write a small HTTP server in Erlang, stole code from an example,
dont know from where, sorry, and performance is no good, at least on NT.
(attached) If i do 50 requests from 20 clients, (1000) about 20 of them
fail with "connection refused". Am i doing something wrong or is this
expected behaviour?

Again, dont hurt me:), i just want to try Erlang out...

Regards
//Rikard