Hipe compilation on Linux x86

Happi <>
Mon Sep 17 22:27:16 CEST 2001

It looks like you are running on an unsupported architecture
(, or at least as if the system think you do).
What does

(It should say x86, this should be set by the makefile in erts/emulator

  During make, of the emulator, it should say something like:
   gcc  ... -DHIPE_ARCHITECTURE=x86 ... -Ihipe ...

When the system start it should say something like:
  Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 2001.09.05 [source] [hipe]
(The [hipe] part is important.)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mickael Remond" <>
To: "Kostis Sagonas" <>; <>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 9:39 PM
Subject: Re: Hipe compilation on Linux x86

Kostis Sagonas () wrote:
> "Happi" replied to Mickael:

This is what I managed to figure out by reading the makefiles.

But when I launch those two commands the built fails (last prerelease)
(log abstract as an attachement).

The build is successfull if I launch the following sequence of commands:

      ./configure --enable-hipe

Ok. Here is where I get. Now I am trying to figure out how I should use.
Here is what I did:

    hipe:c(test, [o2]).

and the result is:
   ** exited: {{case_clause,undefined},
                {shell,eval_loop,2}]} **

   =ERROR REPORT==== 17-Sep-2001::21:35:49 ===
   Error in process <0.31.0> with exit value:

Does anyone see what I am doing wrong ?

Mickaël Rémond