etk demo: mines

Ulf Wiger etxuwig@REDACTED
Mon Sep 17 12:07:51 CEST 2001

I don't know who feels responsible for the "mines" example of
etk, but here goes:

I just thought I'd run through it quickly to see if it'd be a
good example of graphics programming in Erlang, but the darn
thing trapped me in what seemed to be a mines counting bug. Of
course I couldn't let it go without trying to find the bug...

After a while (too long), I realised that there was another row
of mines below the lower bound of the window!

The following diff makes the game a lot easier to play:

etxuwig@REDACTED > diff tkmines.erl old/tkmines.erl
65c65
<     tk:wm([geometry, W, "300x330+100+200"]),
---
>     tk:wm([geometry, W, "300x300+100+200"]),

I will bluntly assume that the 30 pixels were stolen by the menu
bar.

/Uffe

--
Ulf Wiger                                    tfn: +46  8 719 81 95
Senior System Architect                      mob: +46 70 519 81 95