memory insanity

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Fri Sep 14 12:26:13 CEST 2001

Steve Langstaff writes:
 > Just out of interest... does it leak by (sizeof(.beam) x number of file reads) ?

No. Very roughly (just looking at top), my BEAM is 3.5M to start with,
after 100k loops, it's about 5M, so I'd put the leak somewhere in the
vicinity of 15 bytes/loop.

Raimo just posted a patch and noted that the patch fixes a 40 byte
leak in file:close. My measurement isn't inconsistent with that. I
haven't tested the patch yet (my main machine currently doesn't work
and compiling Erlang on my old pentium takes forever).

Matthias