Passing Pointers into and out of drivers

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Thu Sep 13 12:24:10 CEST 2001

Hi,

The neatest solution I have come up with to a driver resource allocation
problem is to pass a pointer to my linked list entry back to erlang as a 32
bit binary. This would then sent back to the driver to access the resource
directly.

I'm not sure if there are any issues with this apart from the obvious one of
it being pretty unsafe in general! Any thoughts anyone? What about endian
issues?

Also, is there any (remotely approved) way to use existing erlang mechanisms
like ets tables within drivers?

Thanks,
Sean

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: