Erlang and Java through CORBA version combinations

Niclas Eklund nick@REDACTED
Thu Oct 18 13:22:31 CEST 2001

Hello!

To start with, my advice is that you use the latest version R8
(Orber-3.2.9) when testing. Please note that the snapshots didn't
include 3.2.9. There are also a few simple things you can do
to debug your system:

shell> erl -orber orber_debug_level 10 -orber interceptors "{native,[log_interceptor]}"

The 'orber_debug_level' you can use straight away but the interceptor must
be implemented. I'll send you the log_interceptor.erl in a separate
e-mail. If you want to log the traffic to file just edit it (see also
chapter 12 in the User's Guide and the 'interceptors' section in the
reference manual if you want more info).
To check if you installed the interceptor correctly just type (after
starting Orber) orber:info(). in the shell.

To be able to help you further it would really help if you could include
the minor-codes and completion-status of the system excepetion. This
information and if you do the above I'll most likely be able to tell what
goes wrong.

/Nick