SAE for R8B

Joe Armstrong <>
Thu Oct 18 11:07:12 CEST 2001

Announcing SAE for R8B

SAE is intended for distributing stand-alone Erlang applications
that do not require the standard environment.

The Unix version (tested on linux) of Stand-alone-Erlang works beautifully
with R8B.

This is *almost* a total re-write from the last version.

I have introduced a new packing system which packs all beam and include
for a libraray into a single .lib file - then I've written a loader that
demand loads
code from the .lib files.

Using this I've re-written ecc and elink (the stand alone compile and
they are now down to 30Kbytes (each) - the shared libraries and the beam
takes 3.5 MBytes.

The distribution once built is 7 files (3.5 MB) and relaces about 500
files in the standard distribution.

I have no possibility to build this for windows - can somebody try to do

The code for this is on