netbsd dns patch

Daniel Néri dne@REDACTED
Mon Nov 26 03:08:03 CET 2001

Hal Snyder <hal@REDACTED> writes:

> Have seen the same problem in the past with OpenBSD, but don't know
> if the problem is still there.

Yep, it has been mentioned before[*], and I do believe it's still
there.

Anyway, although your patch fixes things in your particular case, you
would still have the same problem if your nsswitch.conf had no "hosts"
line, or the if the file was missing altogether.

So I propose the following fix, which of course doesn't invalidate
yours (N.B. untested):