Problem with dict:new()

Samuel Tardieu sam@REDACTED
Mon Nov 19 14:01:30 CET 2001

On 19/11, Nico Weling wrote:

| after upgrading to Erlang R8B I've got a lot of badmatch errors due to the
| 'new' dict module.

This is your fault :) You should not have assumed anything about the structure
of a dict object.

| How is it possible to use the new release without changing my own programms?

You can't. However, you can rewrite some parts of your code (this should not
represent many lines) to use only functions from the dict module when
manipulating dictionaries. This way, your new code will work fine with both
the old and the new Erlang version.

  Sam