OtpR8B loops on configure

Bruce Fitzsimons Bruce@REDACTED
Thu Nov 8 10:43:26 CET 2001

Has anyone else seen this?

Using Linux RH6.2 (2.2.14) on a Pentium 233MMX (a very minimal system, but
still a useful node).

On line 4688 of /erts/emulator/configure where it checks for "unreliable
floating point execptions" (sic) it runs a conftest program which loops my
machine. I will admit to only leaving it for 10mins but the program does not
appear to have any loops, and skimming it does not appear to be particularly
processor intensive.

For the moment I have presumed that I have unreliable floating point
exceptions and commented out this test (and left it so it assumes it failed).

R7B compiled perfectly on this machine a while ago, albeit with a Pentium 133
cpu. I guess the upgrade could have affected it, but it doesn't loop, crash or
do anything else bad for any other compilation tasks.

Any ideas would be appreciated, although I have a workaround.

Cheers,
Bruce