question about "active" option (regarding gen_tcp)

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Wed Nov 7 21:13:12 CET 2001

Hi,

> 3) messages are delivered to your process.
>
> Note: If you expect lots of incoming data to your server you should
> consider using passive sockets instead,

Or you can use the {active, once} option if you want to keep your
packets arriving as messages. You need to ensure you always set
it again after receiving a packet or things will go very quiet!

Sean

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: