Some new mnesia benchmarking results

Per Bergqvist per@REDACTED
Wed Nov 7 13:59:32 CET 2001

Hi Sean,

agree that mnesia is now getting ready for prime time as long as you have small
records ;-).
(Results are even more impressive on my little 1.7 GHz P4 Linux box )

I have a nasty problem that I still haven't resolved.
I you have more and larger records than you have available RAM the system will
get on its knees.

I have tried to use disk_only_copies but it after 1 hour it had only written ~1M
records so I aborted it.
This should be compared with the 15Krecords/sec i get with disk_copies.

Does anyone have a solution on how to store 10Mx2K records with mnesia without
buying
20GB RAM ?

/Per