bug reporting?

Kent Boortz kent@REDACTED
Fri Nov 2 05:11:55 CET 2001

Hal Snyder <hal@REDACTED> writes:
> I have a couple nits to send in, too.
>
> Isn't there an *excellent* trouble ticket system that runs on Erlang?
> Something like um, btt, no?  http://sourceforge.net/projects/btt/

I think this is an excellent idea. We plan to release snapshots of R9
much sooner than for R8. We want discussions and support questions for
OpenSource Erlang/OTP to go to the erlang-questions list but there
should be some way to report other things without using this list.

We had a maintainers mailing address but it wasn't working very well.
The majority of the mails we got should have been sent to commercial
support, erlang-questions, webmaster or sales. The mails we got asking
for "free support" was also taking us lots of time that we feel we
want to spend improving the product, support our paying customers and
to support the OpenSource community as a group.

But removing the address was an experiment, we may open it again if
other solutions turns out to be unpractical. The idea with OpenSource
is that we give and we get something back. We can't get something back
if we can't be contacted ;-)

kent