strange behavior on port send

Garry Hodgson <>
Fri May 18 20:43:52 CEST 2001

Garry Hodgson (that's me) wrote:

> i'm trying to interface to an external application, and having
> some problems.  i'm using code derived from the "Section 4. Ports"
> example in the interoperability tutorial.

errrrr....uhhhhhh....never mind.

<stops to wipe egg off face>

i'd done something stupid, adding a debug statement at the end
of the encode() routine, so the wrong value was ascribed to the
that'll teach me to read the error message more carefully.

Garry Hodgson                   sometimes we ride on your horses
Senior Hacker                   sometimes we walk alone
Software Innovation Services    sometimes the songs that we hear
AT&T Labs                       are just songs of our own