tcp/ip and Erlang

Karel Van Oudheusden voudheus@REDACTED
Thu May 17 13:07:38 CEST 2001

First of all I would like to thank every one for the answers I received
for my previous question.  They were very helpful.

I just have a short second question.  I am planning to work distributed
over different Erlang nodes with TCP/IP.  I am also planning to use
Ethereal (or tcpdump) to observe the packets that are sent between two
Erlang nodes. To correctly interpret the data bits of the packets, I
have to understand how Erlang puts the Erlang data in this TCP format.
In addition I am interested in how the sender PID (of the sending
process) and the receiver PID (of the receiving process on another
computer) are stored in the data part of the packet.

Any hints are welcome.  I'd probably be able to find this out by myself,
but I am short in time.  Therefore any help would be great. If anybody
has written code to interpret Erlang packets (in conformance with
TCP/IP) and doesn't mind sharing it, please inform me.

thanks a lot,
Karel.